Booking Stage parapente cross
No date available
You are the sailing pro !
Have you ever flown thermals in the jar, ever flown a few kilometres? Would you like to go further ?
Discover new sites and new lines? Well, thanks to our cross country courses, you will discover the Annécien basin from all these angles! Or rather all its thermals! How to fly safely, in a group, optimize the analysis...etc. All this is part of our content.
What level for a cross-country course ?
It is necessary to have the Brevet de pilote parapente (paragliding pilot's certificate), i.e. to be completely autonomous in taking off and landing. It is imperative to have already completed a thermalling course at K2 paragliding and also a piloting/SIV course at our school (less than 2 years old). In SIV you must be autonomous on certain manoeuvres such as pitching, collapses and 360° exits.
Equipment: Approved wing, harness, helmet, radio, vario/GPS, mobile phone, water.
A tracker will be provided for educational and safety purposes.
On the theory side
Like all our courses, the idea is to make you autonomous and not need us anymore! Therefore, we plan the day before the flight of the next day, analyse the weather report and the relief maps. Joint decision of the choice of the site. And above all to have an analysis together and how to fly as a group to help each other and be more efficient.
After the flight, debriefing of the tracks. You will be equipped with a tracker, which records your flights. Viewing in 3D of all the tracks, technical errors, possible improvements...etc.
Safety and performance
At the beginning of the course we will do an individual assessment in order to better understand your strengths, weaknesses and expectations. During the week, we will see your progress, we will review your progress in order to better adapt the programme if necessary, and above all, we will look at your desires and abilities.
How the course works
Meet at 8am. We will do a check of the proper functioning of the rescue parachute extraction on a gantry on the first day. There will be a briefing on the safety instructions and the course, the exercises to be carried out, the different flight sites and the expected progression.
Together we will make a choice on the site where we will go. We can fly on sites all around the Annecy area, Mont Blanc, Aravis, etc. A maximum of 1H30 drive away. So the choice is wide!
The end time of the day is very variable depending on the conditions and the site of flight, and also the group!
Groups are limited to a maximum of 6 people and the course lasts 5 days, from Monday to Friday.
Times may change depending on the weather. A quick snack will be provided during the day. Possibility to order or stop during the day at a bakery.
Prices with complete equipment :
|2 day driving course||490 € / pers|
|3 day driving course||735 € / pers|
|Group pilot course||1760 € / day for the group|
|Thermal / Cross 5 day course||1125 € / pers|
|Private lessons||On request|
Supplement(s) for materials provided by the school
(please let us know if you need material)
|Radio||15 € / jour|
|Rescue parachute||30 € / jour|
|Sellette||30 € / jour|
|Folding a rescue parachute||45 €|
Educational film on K2 USB stick
|1 person||30 €|
|2 people||40 €|
|3 people||60 €|
|8 people||120 €|
- Registration is done directly online on our website.
- A confirmation email will be sent to your email address after your registration has been finalised.
- In order to validate your reservation, the imprint of your credit card will be recorded.
- The amount of the imprint is not cashed before the course.
- The entire course will be requested to validate the group's registration, either by credit card, transfer or check.
- The group rate applies to a group of 8 pilots. Three months before the date of the course the group must be complete and the registration forms filled in. If the group is not complete, the rate will be changed to individual registration.
- Payment is due at the end of the course.
- We only accept payment by cheque and cash. Please note that there is no bank machine in our small village. It is therefore necessary to plan the method of payment before the course.
- In order to maintain good relations with our students, the school does not give credit.
- THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOYALTY
- To thank you for your loyalty, we have launched the loyalty card which will be delivered to you at the time of your course.
- The loyalty card is only valid for driving/SIV courses.
- It works for individual registration courses only.
- This card is valid for two years. The tenth day of training will be offered to you.
Due to numerous abuses regarding withdrawals, we are forced to change our cancellation policy:
Cancellation by you / individual registration
A print of your credit card is taken when you register.
- In a period greater than 45 days before the internship, 50€ administration fees will be collected.
- Within 15 to 45 days, the sum of 50% of the internship will be systematically debited from your card. No refunds will be made.
- In less than 15 days, the sum of 100% of the course will be systematically debited from your card. No refunds will be made.
We accept cancellations due to accident or illness (with presentation of a medical certificate) only if the event took place shortly before the course (less than 45 days before the date of the course). If the illness or accident happened for example 3 months before the course and the pilot warns us 10 days before then 100% of the course will be collected.
Cancellation by you / group registration
You will be asked for the total amount of the course to validate the registration of a group, either by credit card, transfer or check.
In case of complete cancellation of the group:
- In a period greater than or equal to 3 months before the internship, €300 administration fees will be collected.
- Between 45 days and 3 months before the course, 50% of the amount will be systematically debited.
- In less than 45 days, the sum of 100% of the internship will be systematically collected. No refunds will be made
If a person in the group withdraws, it will be up to either the person or the group to find a replacement. If no replacement is found, the entire course will be billed to the group/club.
Cancellation during the course:
Any course interrupted for any reason whatsoever does not give rise to any reduction in price. The entire course will have to be paid.
For example, regarding weekday courses, if the driver is not available during the reserve day (Friday), the entire course will still be collected.
Cancellation by K2
Before the course, in the event of cancellation due to weather, no amount will be collected.
In this case, we will offer you a later training date as a replacement.
During the stage
- If no flight takes place: you will not be charged any payment.
- If an average of two flights per day is carried out during the duration of the course, you will be charged for the entire course.
- If only one flight is made during the course, the sum of €110/person will be charged.
- The management reserves the right to interrupt the participation of a trainee if their technical level or physical fitness does not correspond to that required. Under no circumstances will this interruption give rise to a refund or payment of compensation.
- For safety and educational reasons we do not accept the following sails:
- All glider not approved.
- Paramotor glider not approved for paragliding.
- Glider approved in D, CCC and C in 2 lines.
- Glider aerobatic/freestyle sails.
We refuse participation in the course to any paramotorist pilot who has never practiced paragliding. A minimum of 30 flights in the year is required and/or a week of advanced training in a paragliding school (a certificate from the school will be requested).
Any pilot showing up for the course with this type of sail will be refused. The amount of the course will be invoiced.
Certain pilots can be accepted with the sails mentioned above only if they have already participated in SIV courses within our K2 school and we have validated their registration together before the course.
If in doubt, do not hesitate to contact us.
For the 3-day courses
- The reserve day on Friday will only be used if a whole day has been cancelled during the course. If, during a day, one or two flights could be validated, in addition to the other two days, the course will be validated and we will not use the reserve day. An average of two flights per day validates the course.
- The reserve day on Friday will end around 5pm, including video debriefing.
- We will check the weather forecast two days before the course, at about 7pm, in order to validate the start of the course or not. We will send you an email and a text message to confirm the meeting. We take the weather reports at about 6pm and we are not able to confirm the validity of the course before this time (especially in case of mixed weather). Please be patient.
The day before the course
- Meeting point at Plan Montmin (see access map), the day before the course, at 5.30 pm. For organizational, safety and educational reasons, it is imperative to be present for this first briefing.
- Verification of the correct functioning of the rescue parachute extraction on a gantry.
- Distribution of life jackets, earphones and waterproof pockets for radios.
- Briefing: safety instructions, rescue parachute and progression.
- Presentation of the landing area and the landing.
- End of the briefing at around 7.30 pm.
The day of the course
- Meeting point at 8am.
- Briefing on the exercises to be performed.
- Flying exercises over the lake with a safety boat. A maximum of 3 flights per day will be carried out.
- At the landing, between each flight, analysis of the flight and choice of the next flight (as well as a quick snack)
- Analysis of the day thanks to the video of the flights of each pilot (possibility to have your course on dvd)
- End of the day around 5pm.
- The schedule can be modified according to the weather.
- A quick snack will be provided during the day. You can order one at the school the evening before.
- The courses can take place over two or three days (usually two days at the weekend and three days during the week).
- The weekday courses are from Tuesday to Thursday with Friday as a reserve day in case of bad weather.
- Groups are limited to a maximum of 8 people.